Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Decoding my Korean workplace: an NET’s Class Schedules

When I first signed up to be a English Teacher abroad (NET aka Native English Teacher), I had no idea what was expected of me. And when I got here for my EPIK orientation, I still didn't know.... Worse even still, two weeks into teaching classes, I still didn't really have a clue. They call this Dynamic Korea. There's no head's up, no real advice as to how to work with your co-teacher, etc.. but people just figure things out as they go, as change is a common factor which keeps you on your toes. This article (click on the link to my main blog) will open the door for you and give you an insider's peek on how it works. It's my personal experience. It's not full-proof and at best, always a work-in-progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment