Friday, October 7, 2011

Video: English Musical Camp in Korea


So as I promised, here's the video of our performance. Apologies for the bad quality of this video.  I had a friend take it for me cause I had to be in front for my students.  Also, there's a photographer who's always in the way. Wish I could've gotten a better recording.

Directing your students from the front line

In Korea, when students perform, it's common for teachers to sit up front by the stage and motion to their kids the dance, etc... Some teachers even hold up cue boards for the songs or dialogue.  Me, I trust the students to remember. But I enjoy motioning the dance moves to them.  I think it gives them support and extra confidence to know they have a safety net.

I am sitting up front by the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment