Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just Show Me Pictures: An Expat's Frustrations in Learning a New Language & Culture


So when I first arrived in Korea, I started an expat series on my GRRRLTRAVELER blogsite called, Just Show Me Pictures, dealing with the frustrations a newly arrived expat has with learning a new language in a foreign culture.

I actually derived the series from this ppt presentation I did for my Teacher & Adult English classes. There's no sound-- it's really a powerpoint presentation which I walk through and
elaborate on with personal stories, such as the fact I washed my hair with Korean conditioner for 2 weeks thinking it was shampoo!~ This is a very short presentation but it's definitely one of my favorites.



Here's a pdf version download (roughly 40MB) of my ppt  in the case anyone wants to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment