Monday, March 3, 2014

Do you need to know the language of the country you're moving to? (Trave...



Sometimes I find myself making more excuses not to do something, than to do it. It's all unconscious, of course... a combination of worry, self-doubt, fear and/or anxiety. I usually start with "WHAT IF" and end with either, "...I'm not enough" or "...I can't."


Sound familiar?

This is a common problem we all go through this at some point, and more often than we think.

18 year old Rayen has a longtime dream to live in and travel Japan. She's learning Japanese but is worried that it may not be enough to get her around. Here's what I have to say concerning her question.



Do you have to learn the language of the country before moving there?

No. You don't have to learn the language at all.

Okay, I know that sounds culturally ignorant to say.  But...

Read the full post on GRRRLTRAVELER: 

No comments:

Post a Comment